Sunday, August 30, 2015

Stretch

Mada II

I’m ready for this year and I’m not.
I’m excited for it and I’m dreading it.
Whether or not I would make the same choices to get here remains to be seen.
But whether or not I will look back with gratefulness is entirely up to me. 
There will be moments when I’m overwhelmed
And there will be moments when I feel made for this.
There will be days when I see God everywhere
And there will be days when I wonder why He hasn’t shown His face.
There will be painful decisions
And there will be moments  of relief when everything works out.
There will be confusion
And there will be clarity.
There will be days when I will want to shake everyone’s shoulders with frustration
And there will be days when I am so grateful for a community that presses in on me.
There will be days that drag
And there will be days that are over in the blink of an eye
There will be days when I will want nothing to change
And there will be days when I just want to get to what’s next
There will be days when I just want to hop on a plane
And there will be days when I never want to leave.
There will be days of monsoons (hopefully no cyclones)
And there will be  days of plentiful sunshine.
There will be many hellos
And too many goodbyes.
There will be days when I am the teacher
And there will be days when I am the student. 
The good, the bad, and the ugly?
No; the good + the bad = this beautiful life. 
So I will take a deep breath—
Here we go! 



6 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Amein! With God's help and strength, you can keep doing what you are doing!

      Delete
  2. Praying for you during this exciting field service! God is so good! know you and Jordan are doing what many wish they could! Love your blog taking time to keep us living the blessings with you!!! Love and appreciate you both!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations Katie, proud of you and I know you are a great blessing on the ship. Thank you for time I was working with you!
    Tatjana

    ReplyDelete