Friday, October 4, 2013

Nothing Important (Part 1)


I have a bit of a confession.

I love social media. Love it. I love posts and pictures and updates and hashtags and notifications and feeds and tags and all things social media. 

[If you haven't figured out by now, this is Katie.] 

I know it can be used wrongly. That quote could be changed to say "Better to not post at all and be thought a fool than to use Facebook as your diary and remove all doubt". [Abraham Lincoln] Except that makes the quote longer and it loses its effectiveness. 

But speaking for myself, I love it (when used appropriately). 

A few reasons I LOVE social media and technology: 


We got to watch Luke's baptism via FaceTime last night!! 
How cool is that?? 


Athena is super sweet and sends me pictures of Radar. :) 
~~~~~~


All that to say, I will probably write a lot of blog posts. Consider yourself fairly warned. 

In this case, I just feel like posting some pictures of life down here. :) 


 The whole dorm surprised me with breakfast on my birthday morning! It was fantastic! I'm still note sure how and when they planned it all ... they had bacon, eggs, sausage, toast, oatmeal, juice, coffee... Perfect way to start the day. :) 



Last Sunday, Matthew led a worship night at his church. Him and his friends did a really great job! We had had a full week and weekend of classes and it was so nice to be able to drive over there for the evening. 



On Wednesday night, we went for a picnic and Jordan did some fishing. 




And this is just what we see twice a day when we go up to the Oasis for lunch and dinner. Every day I stop and say how pretty it is. :) 


There’s lots to do after class--fishing, frisbee, racquetball, working out in the gym, a coffee shop, swimming ... oh and homework. :) 



So you could say we’re having a great time. I hope you’re saying the same wherever you’re at. :) 




1 comment:

  1. Love reading your updates and getting the news! Congrat's to the new baby-on-the-way!!! ;)

    ReplyDelete